Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Maleficent Makeup: A Dark Bridal Beauty


I had already shared the Maleficent editorial that was posted on the Green Wedding Shoes blog, but I though I would share some of my favorite shots and explain the choices I made in interpreting our version of Maleficent as a love story.

For our Maleficent, I wanted it to still have a wedding/bridal feel. Maleficent is such a fantasy character that I wanted to not be cartoonish and humanizer her a bit more. Her ultimate goal was to be beautiful - a dark beauty - so I still wanted her to be beautiful. Rick Baker had a similar idea when he was creating the makeup look for Angelina Jolie's role as Maleficent. In the original animated film Maleficent's face is green but Rick wanted her less cartoonish and more realistic. So ultimately I wanted my interpretation of her to still be very beautiful, an edgier but wearable bridal look that could be worn to perhaps, a fall wedding!




I had pictured her as a scorned lover - someone who had struggled with many failed love relationships, low self-esteem and vain. I imagined that's why she was "crashing" Prince Philip & Princess Aurora's wedding.


For Aurora, I wanted to create a soft, warm, romantic look. Very fresh, effortless and bohemian-esque but classically beautiful. I imagined her to be young, pretty, and a little naive. 


photography: Meg Sexton // venue: Castillo Hillside Shire Winery Morgan Hill, California // florals: The Petal Company // rentals: Milk Glass Vintage Rentals // cakes: Sweet Tooth Confections // hair + makeup: Lisa Teller | Makeup + Hair  // paper goods: Paper Bloom Studio // jewelry: Haute Bride // wedding dress: Aurora dress by Jinza, Maleficent dress by Matthew Christopher


XOXO,
Lisa Teller | Makeup Artist

Lisa Teller is a professional makeup artist specializing in airbrush makeup and luxury makeup services for bridal in the San Francisco Bay Area, throughout California, and destination weddings. She is extremely passionate about each of her bridal clients and is currently booking for 2014/2015!
For more information, services, bridal portfolio, or to book her for a session, www.lisateller.com

Stay connected:
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lisatellermakeup
PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/lisatellermua/
INSTAGRAM: @lisatellermua

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for the most valuable information....You must have done good research for the work, I appreciate your efforts.. Looking for more updates from your side.
    airbrush makeup in visakhapatnam
    airbrush makeup service in vizag
    airbrush makeup in vizag

    ReplyDelete